Wednesday, August 13, 2008

More to do ...

I apparently spoke too soon. Patrick went near the back part of the basement, an area I can barely get to for all the stuff in my way, and got some fleas on him - pre-adults to adults.

The plan is for him to get his stuff out of my way and for me to attack that back area.

So we're not done, but it's still decidedly better.

As much as I tried not to, I still thought about that interview last night. Even while laying in bed, trying to go to sleep, thoughts continued to tumble. I'm trying not to worry. I really am trying to realize it's completely out of my hands at the moment and trust that God will keep the ball rolling if this is the job for me.

I'm just not known for my patience. And I'm seriously tired of not having the security of a steady paycheck and medical insurance.

Yes, I'm still collecting unemployment. But it's barely enough and I'm reaching the point where that's all I'll have coming in.

Not a very secure thought.

After mowing the lawn yesterday, I was hot and stinky and gross. And tired. My big butt isn't use to that much physical labor. Which means none of my house work was done.

So that's today - today is back to cleaning inside and another attack on the basement. Laundry, too. And there are things in the kitchen (such as a still in the box humidifier and our painting supplies) that need to find another place in our home. I want that stuff out of my kitchen.

That's the plan thus far. But it's not even 8am and is, of course, subject to change.

Edit ...

This is how moments are made -

I vacuumed the basement. I tried to be as thorough as possible. Only had 2 fleas jump on me, so score.

But it did have me wondering how many Patrick got on him - was it really the 10 or so he claimed or was some of it imagination?

I got my answer when I went to bag up and throw away the vacuum cleaner bag (I triple bag it in plastic bags every time I vacuum down there).

There wasn't a bag in the vacuum cleaner. Nope. Just a dusty pad and a bunch of adult fleas jumping about.

So yeah ... there really were several that jumped on Patrick. And I got visual confirmation that the vacuuming works.

Only I had to use my dust buster thing (which has a canister and no bag) to vacuum them out of the vacuum I sucked them into the first time.

The dust buster thing is sitting on my back deck because I'm not exactly sure what to do with it. And I have to re-vacuum the basement because there's no telling how many were blown back into the room by the vent.

Yes, dear readers, this is one of my brighter shining moments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I'm sorry to hear that you don't have a job. Good luck. Also, good luck with the adoption process. I'm excited to read your blog & see how it goes for you.

Alyssa said...

Oh, yikes. Few things strike more terror in the heart of a vacuumer than realizing there is no bag in the canister. I'm sorry you realized this in the middle of The Great Flea Massacre of '08. Here's to hoping you're on the last round with the nasty buggers.