So as the time for my interview comes closer, I've been revisiting the company's web site to remind myself what the position entails and what they're looking for. This way I know I'll be prepared for it. Or, at the very least, not ask questions I should already know the answer to.
My birth certificate did finally arrive yesterday. Although it's not what I was expecting. It's not really a copy of my actual birth certificate (which I was looking forward to seeing) so much as a notarized sheet of paper on county letterhead saying I was born in their county and when.
I may put in a call to my RE's office today and see if she's had a chance to look at the medical form. I don't want to be pushy or anything, but tomorrow will be a week since I dropped it off. If she can't fill it out for me, then I need to know so I can make an appt with my normal doctor.
I found this book at our local used bookstore and have started reading it. It's somewhat heartbreaking to read, to think our adopted child may or will feel some of the ways described in the book, but it'll prepare us for it and help us know how to help him / her deal with those feelings. I'm about 1/2 way through it and I'll be making Patrick read it next.
I've also looked for local adoption support groups in our area. I've only found one so far and it only meets once a month. I'm thinking I'd like to find something that meets weekly or at least bi-weekly and then maybe 'graduate' to the monthly form. Even though we have barely started our adoption journey, I think it'd be a good idea to see what challenges and successes other families have experienced.
I need to buy a folder and a notebook. I want a notebook for my interview tomorrow, but I think it'd also come in handy for sites or books or whatever I find that I may want to further look into.
I may get those today since I need to pick up some dog food anyway.
1 comment:
You sound very well-prepared for your interview. I'm excited for you and can't wait to hear about it after you get home and post the details!
In addition to wishing you good luck at the interview, I wish you good luck in getting the information you need from your RE. Whew-it's an exhausting process sometimes.
Post a Comment