I spoke with my internests's office to get a rough estimate on a general physical. Considering we don't have insurance, the cost is a big factor.
It's not bad (as long as he doesn't get all doctory and order bloodwork), though, and they also give a 20% discount to the uninsured.
I'll probably see if I can make an appt for both Patrick and I for next week. And while we're out there, we can run to that town's county courthouse and pick up a copy of my divoce decree.
Then we can run back into Knoxville and get a copy of our marriage license and each our own criminal check thingy.
After that, the only paperwork we'll need (from what the info packet says) is a credit report for each of us and our birth certificates (I need to order that). Oh and our last 2 years of 1040 tax returns.
Well, that's stuff we have to physically get and supply. I haven't even touched on the main application that we have to fill out, listing all of our finances, employers, insurance (gah), and monthly expenses.
Crazy. It's no wonder home studies take 3 - 4 months.
In other news ...
I won't go so far as to say I've officially won the Battle of the Basement, but we're about at the level of ... if NY decided to nuke some podunk town in Arkansas, that'd be a fair comparison.
I'm going to pull a CNN and declare the war officially won. There are just a few stragglers to contend with as we go. But the war itself? Over.
As stated in Poltergeist ...
This house is clean.
No comments:
Post a Comment