I didn't touch the adoption paperwork yesterday. I didn't even open the files.
This morning, though, I've finished my individual questionaire and e-mailed the home study agent about another. I'm not sure if that 2nd one is for us to fill out together or if we still do it individually.
I don't think Patrick's opened any of them yet. But he's been working a lot of hours, so he hasn't had as much chance to start them as I have.
I'm going to have to invest in a muzzle and take Hoss in for his rabies shot. They said that's the one vaccine they can't dispense and allow us to give ourselves.
I accidentally tore my unemployment check in 1/2 yesterday. Woops. I'm hoping they'll still let me deposit it with it taped together. If not, I'm going to have to request another one be sent and cross my fingers I'm not given the run-around.
I went through the phone book yesterday and e-mailed my resume to just about every employment agency in town. I would have sent it to all of them, but some didn't have a simple way to do it and others deal with employment outside my field (such as warehouse, IT, etc ...).
I think actually starting the home study process is what's really kicking me in the "I need a job" ass. We need solid insurance, which we could get through Patrick's work. But Patrick isn't happy in his job and is toying with the idea of going back to running his sawmill.
Which would mean both of us technically out of a job (he'd be self-employed and not gauranteed that bi-weekly pay check) and no way to get medical insurance.
That would not be looked upon too kindly by the home study agent.
And I do realize that this doesn't have to be done today. The process can be lengthy and we do have time to get that whole thing situated. But it still turns my stomach a bit at the thought that this is all happening at the same time.
I think that's a sign of getting older. More adultish. 10 years ago, I'd have happily jumped off that cliff without any trepedation. Shit, I'd have led the charge!
Today? Gah. Today I'm all "isn't there a poofy bed to land on?!?" hah
It'll work out, though. So while yesterday was tough, most of my bravado is securely back in place.
No comments:
Post a Comment