Interview over.
There were a ton of questions and then a roleplay that was harsh and had me all tongue-tied. Although one of the interviewers said "I think that's his favorite part of the interview" afterwards. Really, the roleplay was no joke.
After the roleplay from hell, there were a few more questions mainly dealing with the fact that I've never done this specific type of job before and the things that go along with it - such as other associates being upset that someone from the outside was brought in.
Which is a tricky situation to deal with. You have to be super careful how you deal with associates who may have issues with you simply because they felt right for the job.
So ... I was as honest as I could be and as open as I could be and said I'd be pretty much the same way - be honest and ask for help, don't go in with guns blazing and assume / act like you know it all because you don't.
They also pointed out that this is a truly physical job - side by side with the associates, physically working. Which is ok. Probably better than ok as it'd help me get into shape.
Overall, though, I have no idea how it went.
The only thing I can say that does point positively is that they had me fill out the background check form before I left. That doesn't mean I have that job, but it may mean they may offer me something. If not, then they wouldn't have had me fill it out at all.
And the one guy did ask if this job didn't "roll" my way, would I be interested in something else. My answer was "Possibly". And he did make a joke that now "so&so is all worried I'm going to take you for something else".
Although I hope that something else doesn't pay just $8.50 an hour. Really. Because that'd be barely more than I'm making on unemployment.
1 comment:
Ooh, they're fighting over who gets to keep you! I do believe this is a good sign, my friend! :) I sincerely hope this works out for you and you get a job you love and a job where they love you, too. You so deserve to be appreciated!
Post a Comment