Still all excited about the job interview this week. It's a bit tempered by "holy fuck it's a huge job!" sort of thoughts. Because it is. Really. It's overseeing employees throughout an entire district area.
So it's a huge job. Skeery. But exciting.
So if you've been praying since last week, please keep on praying. I'm doing my best to let God lead this one and He may need a reminder ; )
The UPS man never showed up yesterday. I stayed home, as instructed, all day. Just before 7pm, a truck came into our subdivision and up the road. So I figured it'd soon arrive at my place.
Wrong.
At 10 minutes to 8pm, I was on the phone with UPS - being told "it's on the truck and will be delivered today". To which I said "It's already almost 8pm and we have dinner plans that I need to leave for".
She really didn't care. I got a "Obviously the driver is running behind" statement. And a "If you're not there, we'll try to deliver it again tomorrow".
So yeah ... I get to sit at home all day again today. Because we really did have dinner plans with a friend and we did have to leave. Although I don't think the driver ever showed up - there wasn't a postcard in my door saying they missed me.
And seeing as it's my birth certificate, I'm not giving them the ok to just drop it off without a signature.
That's it! More of the same from yesterday - hanging out at the house and being all excited that I was called for the face to face.
Edit ...
I called UPS and insisted on a time frame for today. The local distribution center called me back and apologized - my birth certificate never even made it onto the truck yesterday.
Not even on the truck ..
I was told it'd be here by 2pm today.
1 comment:
Keeping a positive thought for you.
Somewhere, somehow, someday, we are all entitled to catch a break ;o)
Post a Comment