Three trips to the basement with only one flea encounter.
I'd say we have the problem 99.95% licked. It's taken a long while, but we're most definitely well ahead of their game.
At this time, I feel secure in declaring the war won. I will be planting a flag in our basement to reclaim it as ours.
The temperatures have been cooler than normal for early August, not that I'm complaining. The animals aren't complaining, either. With morning temps in the 60's, Hoss has been more active and been wanting to play more in the mornings. No more humidity inducing moping in the dog house. He's been chasing a ball around the yard for the last 1/2 hour. The ball is one of those toys that had a rope through it, so it's too large for him to get into his mouth. Instead, he plays soccer - he'll kick it and smack at it and then chase it around when it shoots off to another part of the yard.
That's the type of activity that'll need to happen before his vet visit. As his trainer said - a tired dog is an obedient dog. I'll need to wear his hiney out.
The weather has been pretty nice, actually. We're down into the mid-80's and it's expected to stay that way through this week. A most welcome respite from mid-90's, for sure.
Today will be a cleaning, laundry day. The floor needs to be mopped and we have towels that need to be washed.
Exciting, yes.
No comments:
Post a Comment