When it rains, I don't let Hoss out of his kennel. Water and mud make for very slippery surfaces and the dog doesn't need any help injuring himself.
So with yesterday being the first rainless day we've had all week, he was itching to get out. Barking, yelping, howling ... he was pretty insistent.
And then I couldn't get him to go back in.
It's not that I don't trust my dog, but I don't trust him. Hoss can be pretty destructive when he sets his mind to it, especially after being cooped up for a few days. I kept waiting to hear the scraping of our deck chairs as he tore into them.
None of that happened, but it was a few hours before he agreed to go back into his kennel. Even with cheese in sight (he's a total whore for cheese), he still refused until he was pretty well exhausted.
****
Now that I've rearranged my sub lists, I can't find anyone hah I keep going to the wrong places to find the people I read.
****
I was sitting on my deck this morning and thinking about the things I'll miss when I finally go back to work ...
- Watching bumblebees and hummingbirds in the morning. We have Mexican Petunias (that's what someone said they were) next to our deck and they're a daily stop for local bumblebees and hummingbirds.
- Sleeping until 7:30. I was up by 6:30 most mornings for the longest time. Now I'm usually up around 7:30. I realize some will say that's still early, but it's a bit late to me.
- Napping. I was never a big napper. Lately, though, I've enjoyed random afternoon naps on our couch.
- Being able to run errands on my time frame. I hated having things to do or needing to go someplace and trying to squeeze it all into a Saturday or worrying about taking a few hours off from work.
Speaking of which ... I do have some errands to take care of today. And it's lovely that I'll be able to do them on my own schedule.
2 comments:
Ooh, I am jealous of your sleeping, napping, and errand-running schedule. I *adore* that about my summer vacations. And, speaking as someone who has just given it all up again, enjoy it for as long as you can. You will mourn its passing as soon as you head back to work! :)
Ahh- yes, waking up at 7:30 is dreaming and the idea of taking a nap is fantastic! I am sorry you have to go back!
Post a Comment