Since everyone's doing it these days, I figured I'd add to the list of those that bullet ....
* The thing with Marc - he's being forced (really, that's what it is) to go into a half-way house setting starting today. The rehab center called it "recommending", but he has to go if he wants to keep his work license. So starting today, he'll be in this half-way house setting to 'help him get use to living in a home setting without alcohol'. This program will last 2 months and has left his roommate scrambling to find someone to temporarily move in and help with the bills. The way the facility went about it is seriously shady and has left a sour taste in all our mouths. None of us are happy with how it was handled.
* My friend Marty is coming over today with his carpet shampooer. When we first moved in, Biscuit showed her ass by peeing on our living room floor. Several times. I was able to get the stains up at the time, but they've recently started getting darker. Marty, who cleans houses for a living, said it's because the spots are in the main walkway from the front door and, although the urine is gone, dirt will still stick to those spots. So just every day traffic across them has caused them to start getting darker and darke. So we're going to shampoo them up. And we may rearrange my living room while we're at it. Not sure yet.
* I haven't made much headway on the home study paperwork lately. I can't help but feel like I need to be working and insured before we proceed beyond the paperwork because of that whole financial sheet. I know there are couples out there who have enough money invested or make enough money to need financial people or to not worry that the wife isn't working, but we're not one of them. My lack of a job and insurance has me seriously worried that we'll fail the home study since the financial sheet is going to look a mess.
* Thanks to Fay, we're getting some much needed rain. I know she caused flooding and millions of dollars worth of property damage, but we here can't help but be grateful that she showed up. Sorry.
* My cousin, who turns 36 today, has a 13 yr old. A friend of mine has a daughter in grade school. Sometimes when I talk to them, I think back to how we were as kids that age. I find myself wondering how we (I use that loosely since I'm obviously not) went from hormonal teens to parents of hormonal teens. How did we go from being the ones going to school and looking forward to summers off to being the ones counting days until vacations and summer breaks are over? I sometimes marvel at how so many of us went from being the kid to being the parent and pretty much saying and feeling the things our parents did. And, as I'm not currently one of those parents, I find a good bit of it pretty funny. bahahaha
* The fleas in the basement are trying to make a comeback. It's still nowhere near what it was - just a couple here and there - but they irritate me. So the vacuuming continues.
* I haven't heard anything back from my interview on Thursday, but that's just barely 3 business days ago. I'll watch the mail over the next few days for the Dear John letter.
* If my friend weren't coming over today, I do believe I'd stay in my jammies all day. Today's weather just calls for it.
1 comment:
Aaah, the bulleted list. Gotta love it! :)
I'm sorry for Marc. That sounds like a bad situation all the way around. Here's to hoping the next two months are quick and relatively painless.
Yay for carpet shampooing! With any luck, that will eradicate your spots forever.
I understand your stall on the homestudy paperwork. I'd be in the same place as you-wanting to get all my ducks in a row the first time through.
As for your rain, please send some up this way. My lawn sounds like Rice Krispies in milk when I walk on it.
I will sometimes catch myself sounding like my mom when I talk to my students. It's horrifying and hilarious, all at the same time.
Fleas-be-gone! So there!
And keep us posted on the job hunt. I want them to hurry up and hire you!
Post a Comment