Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Margarine ...

We did get the kennel, but not the patio set. Boo.

The kennel is used, but that's ok. And one of the panels was broken, but that's ok too. We just used 3 of the panels, connecting it to Hoss's kennel and letting that side act as the 4th panel.

Now we need a dog house. She had an old one that we were going to use, but we discovered that red ants had made the back end of it their home. I was going to buy one just to get it and get it done with, but they're soooo horribly expensive. If she were a small dog, it'd be no problem. But Pearl is about 70 - 80 pounds and is even a bit too big for the large size. The XL size houses run upwards of $200. Gah. Craziness.

Anyway ... I was thinking about butter ...

Say you cut butter out of your diet. Not on purpose, per se. You just notice that you're eating less butter.

When you first realize it, you probably miss the butter tremendously, the way it enhances and adds flavor to your food. You want butter.

But you don't have any. And you kind of get this thing about butter - you want it and you're kind of angry that you can't have it. But you still don't have any.

After a while, you find that you think about it less and less. You have dinner and you don't even take the butter out of the fridge. It never occurrs to you to use the butter.

But a part of you still does want it and you find thoughts of butter popping up at odd times. And sometimes you're irritated - maybe it puts you in a bit of a snit. Why don't you have butter? What's wrong with butter?

Yet, you don't use the butter. You don't even attempt to use the butter.

Do you think it's because you're use to not using butter? Is it that the lack of butter makes you care less if you have any or not?

I don't know. What are you thoughts?

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Is this really about butter? :)

AwkwardMoments said...

I have to say, I'm intrigued. (sp?)

Butter --- well my thoughts, I think at first you notice the butter is missing much more at first then as time passes by - you just get used to it missing. Then you are at a place where you do not even notice the butter is missing - BUT (there is always a but) someone reminds you - "no butter?" - and then you start to remember who much you want butter again ... I would say it's cyclical

Katie said...

I also am wondering if this is REALLY about butter.

But let's say it is about butter, I would agree with Farah. I think you'd be all right for awhile, and convince yourself that you didn't need the butter, but then something would happen.

Like you'd be at the movies and they'd ask you if you wanted butter on your popcorn and you'd start to say YES because well, you always want butter, right? Then, you'd realize that you can't (or won't) have butter. And you'd be back to square one.