The NOCCR has a clinical site here in Knoxville, at UT. I've known a few people who have taken part in some of their trials, but have always been a bit leery of taking part in one myself.
Yesterday, though, I heard a snippet of an ad they ran on the radio. The bit that I heard mentioned the female must be sterile. It's a 20 day in-house program that pays $4500.
Which perked my ears up. Could this be some sort of infertility study?!? A study I'd actually get paid for that might result in a baby?!?
This morning I did some research and contacted their office. It's a clinical trial for a new cancer drug. And the woman needs to be sterile (or past reproducing age) because of the affects of the drug.
Sadness.
I spent about an hour with Marc at his complex's pool yesterday. Half an hour on each side.
Today I'm paying for it. I'm a bit toasty. It's mainly my shoulders and the top of my back, but the backs of my legs are a bit tender, too. It's not bad, it's just irritating.
Patrick and I also bought a new lawn mower. Ours died and we were quickly becoming that house on the street.
And right now I'm just waiting for mail to run. I'm hoping my 401k check will be in there. That would be absolutely lovely.
Edit: The check has arrived! Yay yay yay!
1 comment:
Hooray for the check and horray for a new mower. Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how much you like new things) Mr. W can fix damn near anything and is set to rebuild our lawnmower engine within the next month. Until then the neighbors are taking pity on us and lending us mowers. Haha!
Post a Comment