Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thursday stuff ...

The saga with the headhunter continues.

Now that I've complained about her, she's all sorts in my ass helpful.

She was still saying she had left messages for the references I gave her and hadn't heard from any of them (all 3 of them raised the bullshit flag at that, especially since a few weeks back she said she was just waiting on one person), so I shot them an e-mail with her name and phone number and asked that they call her asap. That way that excuse will be officially null and void.

She never addressed my pointing out that 4 companies in 13/14 years is not a shoddy, unstable work history. Especially considering 2 of those jobs were due to a move to Memphis and back.

She also said that my asking pay is a challenge. I've polled a number of people to see if I'm out of line and they all think she's nuts. Maybe if I were fresh out of high school with no or very little work experience, but I'm not. For my experience and skills, the minimum I'm willing to take is definitely not out of line.

Unfortunately for her, I just received a 2nd generic survey about how satisfied I am with their services and asking me to rate my representative. Anyone care to guess how that turned out?

The secretary where Marc works is getting ready to leave. He's going to investigate the pay, hours, etc ... for me. So maybe there will be something there.

My tmj is acting up. I can't line my teeth up when I close my jaw. If I try, the pain just isn't worth it. I can line up either side separately, but not together. It's made eating very interesting for the last couple of days.

And it's rainy and humid out, so my sinuses are giving me hell.

I'm basically falling apart.

No comments: