I received a notice in the mail yesterday to be at the unemployment office no later than today to register for their work whatever.
So this morning, anticipating a long wait, I headed out fairly early. Ok, it was well after 9am. But that's considered fairly early for some people.
The first thing I did was head to the county clerk's office to renew my license plate tag. Swung through there, put the new sticker on, and headed to the unemployment office.
I've had experience with an unemployment office one other time, years ago. I went in, signed in, sat down, and waited. And waited. And after waiting some more, I met with a nice woman who asked me gobs of questions.
All told, I was there a few hours.
This morning I went in, I told the woman why I was there, she asked for the paper thing I had to fill out and bring, then sent me on my way.
It took longer to find a parking place.
Which rocks. I expected to be gone at least a few hours, so I was happily surprised.
Oh, and I bought stamps. I have to mail my 401k paperwork off and we didn't have any stamps. Or at least I didn't. If I can't do it online, I'd prefer to not do it at all. So my having stamps is a rarity.
I've applied for a few more jobs, a couple through the headhunting place I signed up with a month ago. Ya know, the one I haven't heard from since? Yeah - that one. This morning I got an auto-reply e-mail from the person sponsoring the job giving the normal "we'll review blah blah blah", only the e-mail ends with the generic information about their office and encouraging me to come in and sign up.
To which I replied that I realize it's an auto-e-mail, but I wanted it noted that I did sign up with their office a month ago through so&so recruiter and have not been contacted since. I doubt it'll go anywhere, but I felt better for having said it.
Especially when the positions listed are never listed by her, always by someone else in that office. I'm wondering if the woman even works there anymore.
I still want that item listed in my previous post. And I will have it. Just not yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment