Saturday, May 24, 2008

Saturday salutations ...

I did a bit of running around after visiting the bank yesterday. And although I didn't spend anything, I still had this feeling that I had overspent.

Really. Spent nothing and then worried about how much I had spent.

I think it was in preparation because I knew I was about to spend some money.

So yesterday I made one completely frivilous purchase. To me, anyway. The cats, however, are enjoying the snot out of it. I bought this cat climby thing at a local feed store. It was seriously reduced (although still pricey) and much cheaper than other, less involved, cat climby things. Patrick and I saw it a few weeks ago and I knew I was going to get it when the money came in. Luckily for the cats, it was still there.

I also got Hoss another Jolly Ball rope toy. He already has part of the rope pulled through. Go go gadget American Bulldog jaws.

This morning saw another frivilous purchase. With Patrick on a summer bowling league and my having signed up so I could sub if needed, I want my own shoes, bag, and ball. This morning I ordered my shoes and bag. The ball I'll order locally so I don't have to pay extra to have the finger holes drilled (it never occurred to me that I'd get a ball with no holes if I ordered it online). I'll ignore the fact that belonging to a league and owning my own bowling supplies is more proof that I'm turning into my parents.

To balance out the insanity of those two expenditures, I also paid the cell phone and cable / internet bills this morning.

Grocery shopping still needs to be done and I do want to get another shade for our bedroom window. The sun comes up at the back of the house and it gets too bright in there for me to sleep. Not that Biscuit lets me sleep much past sunrise, mind you. But it still ruins naps for me.

Other than that, buckling down must be done. I can't let the amount of money available affect my spending. Because that shit will go faster than anything if I'm not careful.

And I really don't want to work at a gas station.

No comments: