Sunday, May 11, 2008

Patrick and I had a pretty busy day.

And only one person mentioned the M-Day that is today. But she was a teenager at a BBQ place we stopped at for lunch, so she was excused.

There's a place in Sweetwater, TN called Hall's Salvage that sometimes has awesome deals on various home improvement items. From really nice flooring for just 69cents a square foot, to cabinets (finished and unfinished), to bath tubs, etc ... They get discontinued items so they're able to sell them super cheap.

The carpet in the living room, hall, and 2 of the bedrooms is a light beige. With 3 cats and a dog lounging, shedding, and urping on it, I've been a scrubbing madwoman most days. And despite the scrubbing, it's a light beige that still shows spots where the scrubbing just didn't do. Not to metion people who come in and don't take their shoes off (I never imagined myself a shoe-nazi, but here I am). So ... we now have an area rug that covers most of the exposed carpet in the living room and it was just $49.

My thought on the rug is ... well ... it was $49 and that's a lot cheaper to replace in 6 months than the carpet. So wear it out, I say. That's not to say I won't still scrub at it, but I won't be as offended if the spot doesn't come all the way out.

Oh and Saturday I found a great deal on a new coffee pot. The coffee pot we had is fine, really. It's just not the type I wanted. My dad had a Hamilton Beach version that I really liked, but they can run upwards of $70.

I'm not paying that much for a coffee pot.

But - and this is only one reason I love Pigeon Forge - we found a Hamilton Beach Brewstation Plus on sale. For $20. Plus another 20% off.

Yes ma'am, I got that coffee maker for just over $17 after tax. And it's a better version than the one my dad paid $45 for.

Go me. Twice even.

No comments: