Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thursday musings ...

I’m still waiting to use my snazzy, redone resume. There just hasn’t been anything to apply for at all this week.

I also haven’t heard back from the woman at the headhunter’s about that interview she wanted to send me on. I’ll be e-mailing her shortly.

Although there was a position on their web site that I applied for this morning. So maybe that’ll get me somewhere.

The other day I realized that, in 9 days, I’ll have been unemployed for 3 months. 3 months! It really doesn’t feel like it’s been that long already.

I remember reading some article early on that said the average job search takes about 4 months and thinking “Nah, no way”.

Well … apparently it wasn’t telling stories.

I wish I could say this is all in preparation to be a stay at home mom. But no. As much as I would love to get pregnant (are the stars aligned?) without IVF and then be able to be an at home mommy, it just isn’t going to happen.

My annovulatory PCOS and Patrick’s low morphology aside, we’re not in any kind of financial position to allow for that.

So the search continues.

No comments: