Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Quickie ...

The headhunter e-mailed earlier about a possible job.

It's 2 grand less than my minimum asking amount. It'll be just under 200 less a month. But that's also just over 300 less a month than I was making at my last job.

I'm trying to figure out in my head if it's ok. If the employer pays 100% of the insurance cost, then it would be. If not, I'm not sure.

But I'm up for an interview anyway. It doesn't hurt at all to go on a looksee. Afterwards, Patrick and I can talk about our options.

In other news, I've been approved for unemployment. Go me. I should see my first check next week sometime.

And because I have a loan against my 401k, I have to take the payout so that I can have the loan paid back and the taxes taken out (they'll report it as income at the end of the year). That's been mailed off and I expect a check from them in another couple of weeks.

So ... small update there.

2 comments:

Missy said...

I think it's definitely worth a looksee. What have you got to lose right? Maybe if they give you an offer, you can negotiate the pay, especially since you have so much experience.

AwkwardMoments said...

this is promising!