Tuesday, October 23, 2007

More thoughts of wood ...

Thank you guys so much for your feedback. And, of course, your willingness to put a link on your own blogs and to pass it around. You guys rock.

Patrick and I had talked about the shipping issues - how do you ship larger items, such as an end table or coffee table without it being a horribly high price? What we figured is that we'd offer smaller things for shipping and larger items for more local people so that they have the option of picking it up. Otherwise they'd have to have pay the shipping in addition to the cost of the item.

Which would suck for larger pieces.

We did talk about local sales - like fairs and craft shows. I want to put a sign up to let people know what the money is going to and maybe they'd be more inclined to buy something (no, I'm not above twinging someone's heart strings) or maybe even just make a donation, but Patrick doesn't want it to be that public.

I do figure that we'll have a paypal account set up on the web site for flat out donations. That way those that don't necessarily want to buy something can still do something if they want to.

And I have kind of wrestled with the idea of IVF vs adoption. I so want another chance at getting pregnant and, fingers crossed, carrying it to term. So maybe it'll first be for IVF and then adoption if that doesn't work? But then - will people still be willing to donate if they've already donated once?

So many questions. But it'll be a couple months before we're ready to take it on anyway. That'll give us plenty of time to smooth it all out so it's workable for us both.

In other news ...

There was no baby at the house when I got home last night. Thank God. And neither parental unit felt a need to talk to me about my behavior on Sunday. Which was good since I wasn't in the mood for a lecture and it wouldn't have been pretty.

2 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

glad things are getting some what sorted out

Katie said...

You'll get the whole thing figured out. Just let us know when to start passing the word!

I am glad that you didn't have to face the baby tonight. Remember. . . just a few more days.