We're less than 24 hours away from closing on our new home.
As I told my mom last night, I have this constant nauseas anticipation hah I'm just terrified we're going to get there and something's going to go wrong even though the lender has said that all is ready and we're good to go.
Oy.
Still no word on when they're actually moving out. We did give them an extra week, which they agreed to pay us rent for, but I'm really hoping they're already out and no one's told us yet. Our agent is trying to find out for us, as well as negotiating the utilities.
My thing is that I don't want to pay for their week of utilities if they're staying that full time. It may sound petty, but it's chilly enough here for most people to be turning on the heat - which has gotten about 10% more expensive this winter. Plus, moving requires a bunch of in and out and washing and cleaning causing more electric and water usage than normal. And I don't want to pay for that either.
Our agent said it's fine - we can agree to have it switched to our name effective the date they move.
Which (say it with me) I'm hoping is tomorrow.
3 comments:
They're moving tomorrow! They're moving tomorrow!
Yeah, I'm with you about the utilities. You pay yours, they pay theirs (which end tomorrow!).
Congratulations on the closing (in advance because i know it will go smoothly!)!!
I'm so excited for you to get your new house. I hope they move out quickly too if they haven't already.
Senidn up my prayers that all goes according to your plan!
Post a Comment