Wednesday, October 31, 2007

And it's here ...

Today's the day! Eeep!

Patrick's doing the walk-through this morning as I have to work until noon. Then we'll meet for lunch before heading to the title company to sign the papers.

Word is that the sellers aren't moving out until next week. Damn it. I really really wanted them out NOW.

But they're also aware that we won't be switching the utilities to our name until they move. And they are paying us some rent for the week, so at least there's that. Our agent also recommended we give them our contact numbers in case they decide to move out a few days early.

I've requested the week of 11/12 for vacation. My manager already knew I was going to take the week we move off, whether it was next week or the week after - she said just to let her know for sure when I knew.

So ... now I sit here and spend the next several hours watching the clock.

5 comments:

Missy said...

I'm so excited for you! Hopefully this is the beginning of years of happiness and goodness. Congratulations on the house. :)

The Barreness said...

ooh! have fun!
congrats!

AwkwardMoments said...

whooo hooo how very very very exciting for you - I'm suprised if you are getting any work done .... YAH!!! Happy news

Katie said...

It seems as if this day took FOREVER to get here, and now you have to wait a little longer. But hey, doesn't this mean that AF will have vacated the premises in time for your move in? Does this mean sex in every room in the house RIGHT AWAY?!?

Alyssa said...

Yay! This is so exciting and wonderful for you! I hope the move is smooth and easy and that your house is the home you've always dreamed of!