We have a signed agreement with the owners of the first house we looked at on Saturday. They countered with a bit of a higher sale price, but left the full closing coverage we'd asked for. And they didn't counter as high as we thought they would, so we're actually pretty pleased with it.
One thing I have noticed through this process is the amount of advice you get. Don't get me wrong - most of it's good stuff to know. But sometimes ... oy ... My dad, for instance - he seems to be of the mind that if the sellers counter, you counter even lower than your first offer. He's mentioned this with both houses - "I would have said fuck 'em and offered even less!". I said ... "it's a good thing you're not the one buying the house, then, isn't it?".
My dad seems to have reached that age where you begin to wonder if he's all there.
In other news ...
My step-sister, the one due 5 days (I thought it was 2 weeks, turns out it was just 5 days) after our expected due date has started having contractions.
I did the math and this is what I discovered - at each new milestone for her and her baby, I've been bleeding:
- She saw and heard the heartbeat for the first time - I was still bleeding from our miscarriage.
- She found out the sex - I had just started my period.
- She's having contractions - I just came out of a failed cycle and started my period.
It's like my body has this weird psychic thing going on. Someone getting good baby action? Uterus, start your engine!
I was hoping she'd hold out until we had moved, but her baby has shitty timing. You'd think he'd have consulted my calendar first.
2 comments:
I'm glad the deal with the new house seems to be coming along better than the last house.
I'm sorry the baby has bad timing too. I know how disappointing it can be when every time you get bad news, someone else is getting good news. It just makes it worse, and it makes it even harder to be happy for the lucky mother.
I hope that you have a good week and that the house will soon be yours. :)
Congrats on finding a house you like! I am a little confused as to why your doctor wants you to start IVF when you just had a successful conception not too long ago? Am I missing something?
Post a Comment