Thank you so much for your comments and thoughts. They've meant more to me than you could ever know. And I'm sorry I haven't been commenting much myself, but I promise to get back on track this week. It's taking some effort to not let the past week color my responses and thoughts and I want to make sure I'm in a better frame of mind when I do comment. But I've been reading! Honest! I haven't completely abandoned y'all.
Arlene asked about the inspection and I'm sorry I haven't posted about it but I didn't have much to report until last night.
The house is structurally sound with some smallish repairs needed, but the roof is in desperate need of replacement. We figured it would need to be replaced in a couple years, but it's more like it needed it yesterday.
A new roof will come around 3 - 4 thousand dollars. The seller is only willing to fork out $500 towards repairs. I spoke with our agent last night and he's going to try and do some work with the seller's agent this morning, but there's no telling how it'll turn out. The seller herself, we're learning, is pretty nutso. Really. The woman is crazy.
And it's like I pointed out to Patrick this morning - if they even come up to $1500 towards repairs, that still leaves us needing to find another 2 grand (at least) while paying mortgage, utilities, vehicles, and things like ... food.
Which actually has Patrick and I eyeballing other homes.
We haven't given up completely, but the longer this drags out the worse I'm feeling about it. We both love the house and we both really want it, but I'm not so sure anymore.
We'll see. And I'll keep everyone posted on which way that wind blows.
2 comments:
Thank you for your support on my site. I am humbled that you can take time out of what is going on in your world to extend sympathy to me in mine. Just one the many things about you that's going to make you a GREAT mom someday soon.
As for the house, hopefully, your agent and the seller's agent can talk some sense into the nutcase. Anyone who puts in an offer is going to expect her to come up with the money to make the repairs. ANYONE. So, she might as well just belly up now that you are so far into the process.
I will be waiting to hear the latest!
We have 3 we want to see up north of town but they are at the top of our price range and Im afraid Ill fall in love with one of them.
Post a Comment