Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Breathe in ... breathe out ...

14 minutes before 5pm and I need a breather.

I've been listening to calls all day.

And having to defend why I'm doing that and not helping someone out (even though I know that someone else needs the help - but that someone else also has a team-mate who's supposed to be helping).

And having training with new hires.

And one-on-ones.

And Patrick e-mailing me the name of the guy to call for home owner's insurance info (we want that insurance that pays off the house if one of us dies ... not that I'm planning anything that involves a bat and a landfill, mind you) because he was somehow under the impression that his version of busy was busier than my version of busy.

And in the last 3 minutes, I've had one person visit my desk for help and received 4 e-mails asking for assistance with something or other.

Girl doesn't have the time.

All I have to say about it all is ...

14 more days!!!

4 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

wow..yes breather is an understatement

A'Dell said...

Is there anything more annoying than a new hire? I think not.

They are ignorant but it's not their fault, but it's so irritating that they don't know anything!

Katie said...

I wish that you could have some peace at work and not have to worry about training some ungrateful newbie.

14 days. You can do this. It's your "new" 2 WW! :)

Arlene said...

We put in an offer. They have until 6pm Friday to respond. ugh. I think I'm gonna implode. I can't concentrate on anything! How are you concentrating? If it was me I'd be standing around drooling.