Sunday, October 7, 2007

Yesterday felt like a Sunday ...

Between the heparin and baby aspirin, I thought my period would be easier since both are anticoagulates. More flow, less clotting and cramping.

Wrong.

This period is being a bitch.

With buying a house, one of the things I found myself saying was "It's not like we're going to have a passel of kids".

That was one of my things - If we're having kids, we need a larger home. But my body hates all things reproductive and the plural of kid probably isn't going to happen.

But I also pointed out that owning our own place will help with adoption. We can get started on home visits and such. How we'll pay for adoption, I don't know. But it's more of an option these days than it was before. So I still look at the neighborhood and the schools in the area when considering a home.

One of the things that has made this past week so difficult was the news that we get only one more round with injections / iui. Having to move to IVF pretty much puts a death knell on our treatments. I really did think our RE would go a few rounds with the heparin since, at least statistically, it'd take a few rounds to work. Especially considering we did get pregnant on our previous cycle, before the MTHFR problem was found. It felt like the rug was pulled out from under me when she said one more go and then we need to move on to IVF. I wasn't expecting that statement.

And I still don't know if I want to go through that last round. Sure, it's a chance. And maybe it'd work. But that whole cycle? I'd be bat-shit crazy. And if it fails ... devastation wouldn't even begin to cover it.

Maybe it's a control thing.

In other news -

Our realtor called last night to let us know he'd faxed our offer and the seller's agent was on her way to their home to go over the figures. We didn't hear anything after that, but I expect that we will this morning.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I'm waiting for HER to make an appearance, so we can be slightly miserable together. Good luck with the realtor...

Dr. Grumbles said...

I haven't taken Heparin, but baby aspirin did give me one light and flowy period... followed by a few heavy and clotty ones. You never know. I should mention that first one was after a Clomid cycle, too.

I can also relate to the house buying woes. I often fret over the "children's room" in our new house. Makes me wish I knew how many (if any) we'd be filling it with!

Good luck in your house dealings.

A'Dell said...

I had a very similar thought today about just having one child. It was like, "hey, wait a minute. We might be lucky to have just ONE kid." I had never even considered not being able to have two before. I was still on the mental track of "this will be hard but it will certainly turn out how I want it too." Maybe not.

I'm still not sure what I think about that.

One the upside, it means I won't have to move in a long time. heh.

Kristen said...

I have never used anticoagulants but I've heard from others that they make your periods really strange.

We don't have a house yet and our apartment is not going to look good on adoption websites. So I'm still hoping for a miracle. We do have an extra room with all of the "baby stuff" from our pregnancies that never quite made it. It sucks to walk past that room everyday.

Sendings lots of luck your way. XOXO