... has been made.
We're walking away from the house.
Patrick and I did some back and forth via e-mail and one phone call. We both agree the house is beautiful and the location is convenient.
But the seller and her agent have made this whole process a huge pain in the ass. And with the roof needing to be replaced ASAP, neither of us see her suddenly coming up with the cash or agreeing to a lower purchase price (so we could still finance the same amount but use the difference for the roof, for example).
I called our realtor and left him a fairly lengthy voice mail, giving him our thoughts and asking for his. His reply was that he was in complete agreement.
So ... our agent is filling out, scanning, and e-mailing the agreement to me. I'll send it on to Patrick who will print it, sign it, and fax it back to me. I'll sign it, scan it, and send it back to Johnny.
Patrick keeps asking to make sure I'm sure and I am. While I don't mind some small repairs, we don't need the level of stress this house seems to be bringing.
In other news - Johnny's already working on getting us a viewing for another house.
So take that, hateful ugly homeowner!
2 comments:
Gah - what a week! Sounds like the right decision though. I am sure you can find a house with an awesome roof and a sane seller that you like just as much. :)
I think backing out of the house was the right thing to do too. I hope the next house you look at will be perfect and well maintained.
Post a Comment