I've been tagged! I've never been tagged before. But Katie broke my tag cherry (bahaha) and here I am!
Ok ... let's see ...
1) Unlike Katie, I love spiders. Really. I love their webs and the way they move. Did you know that most web builders are female? Most male species of spiders will sneak onto a web to steal food and then jet off. Many don't make it out alive. Speaking of ... it's not just the praying mantis that eats the male after intercourse. Many others will as well, so sex for the male spider is quite dangerous. It's just more proof that men will do anything to get laid *grin*
2) I love Barry Manilow. And I take quite a beating over it, too, I might add. I grew up listening to his music since my mom was always a fan, so I think it's somewhat ingrained. But I once spent several weeks looking for a CD version of an album my mom had when I was a kid.
3) I was a complete tomboy as a kid and my best friend was a boy that lived across the street. I wasn't a sport playing sort of tomboy. I was more the tree climbing, car playing, roll around in the dirt kind. Although I still loved to play house. And I was always getting into fights with boys. As in - fist fights. I thought nothing of duking it out and, as awful as this may sound, actually looked forward to it.
4) The vast majority of my friends are gay men. I'm like a 'mo magnet. Even when not trying, I'm usually drawn to the one homo in a crowd. Case in point - I went somewhere with some people (there was alcohol involved so it's kind of fuzzy - all I know is that it was downtown in some city I'm not familiar with hah) and managed to get separated from my group (I have a tendency to wander). The one person I ended up talking to turned out to be gay. I kid my best friend (gay!) all the time that I can't escape. Truth be told - I wouldn't trade any of them for a puppy. Even if that puppy came fully trained and house broken. I love my moes. So much so that my wedding party was 2 of my best gays. Not a single female stood up for me. I referred to my best friend as my bitch of honor. hah.
5) I have a hard time buying clothes. Not because of fit, but because of money. It's not unusual for me to find something I like, carry it around the store a while, and then put it back and walk out. Paying more than $15 for just about anything makes my eyes bleed. It's not that I don't want to - there's lots of cute things I'd like to have. I just can't get past paying the amount the store thinks I should. So I usually only buy stuff if it's dirt cheap or on sale ... for dirt cheap. And the times I do splurge, I feel guilty and usually find a reason to return it. Needless to say, I don't buy new clothes very often.
6) But I will spend money on some dinner! Isn't that odd? I love going out to dinner and don't think anything of dropping $40 for a meal. And it's money I usually don't regret spending. I don't know why the difference, especially since dinner won't last anywhere near as long as a new top or some jeans. It's strange, I know.
7) My 15 minutes of fame was done and over with by the time I was 7 or 8. My mom worked at this place in Bolingbrook, IL called Old Chicago. It was this huge indoor mall with an indoor theme park with rides. They even had a roller coaster. And a stage. Performers of the day would come in for small concerts - from Potsie of Happy Days to Chuck Berry to Kenny Rogers. My mom had something to do with the security or dressing rooms or something with the guests and I was allowed to run around behind the stage. Somewhere there is a photo album with pictures of a very young Angie doing the limbo on stage with Chubby Checker, being carried around a dressing room on Chuck Berry's shoulders, and sitting with Dottie West (how's that for old school country?). Oh and I have a clear memory of running into Willie Ames's naked chest (he was hot in his 8 Is Enough days!) when he and his lil teen band came through. Since that time, though, I haven't met any famous people.
Last but not least ...
8) Ok so I had something else in here, but I have co-workers that read this and they probably don't need that lil snippet of info. So to replace it - I'm a total celebrity gossip whore. I'm not obsessive, but I'm usually pretty up to date on the latest happenings. One of my fave places is tmz.com and then eonline.com. People.com caters to celebrities and that drives me crazy, so I usually only go there for fluffy stuff. I also sub to a few celeb blogs, like Rosie O'Donnell (luv her!) and Ross the Intern (Marc, my best gay, said "He's so gay, he started talking and a prada purse fell out of his mouth").
And there ya have it! No lightning bolt revelations, but a bit more about me than you maybe already knew.
So, in keeping with tradition, I now tag infertilityjustsucks and Kristen to carry the torch.
3 comments:
Popped your cherry! You are so funny!
I loved your facts - although you and I definitely part company on the whole spider thing!
I'm curious about what your "real" #8 was, though. You could always e-mail me the "dirt."
This is such a fun game! I love being tagged and tagging and then learning random things!
I'm curious on #8 too. I just love delicious, salacious secrets!
Hurrah for learning about each other beyond IF! It's nice to remember that we're real people too! :)
Thank you for the tag! I will definitely be using it as a distraction thi week :)
XOXO
Post a Comment