I had the strangest dream this morning. I dreamt that I woke up pregnant. And not just pregnant, but like 9 months pregnant. I went to the ER and when the woman asked what was wrong, I stepped back and pointed at my belly. As if they knew who I was and should also be shocked that I was suddenly in that condition.
My mom said she couldn't come because she didn't have time to see my succubus (no idea where that came from) and I was rather offended that she'd call the baby that. And then I was terrified because I was suddenly certain the baby was dead. This baby that showed up out of nowhere overnight.
It was so very strange.
After yesterday's post, I thought I'd toss out a much lighter one ...
With now having the DVR and, for some reason, HBO and Cinemax, we've been recording fools the last couple of days.
Here's my thoughts on what we've watched:
Saving Private Ryan - I've seen this one before and it's an excellent movie with top notch actors. But it always disturbs me. I hate watching movies about war. In their most basic form, people are animals. And it's very real to me that someone who is kind and gentle in normal situations can be pushed to do things very unkind and not at all gentle. Even though I've seen it several times and I know what's going to happen, I still sit on the edge of my seat and hope for a different outcome.
Hot Fuzz - This is the new one from the creator of Shaun of the Dead. The premise is that he is super cop, a play on every hero cop movie out there. He's better than the rest and, for that reason, he's sent to some podunk town. There were a couple of people from his previous movie with a few big name actors in the mix as well. Some hilarity ensues, some impatience ensues. I kept waiting for them to get to the parts shown in the previews, but those actually came more towards the end of the movie. And while it was funny overall, it felt a bit like it dragged on sometimes. I would recommend seeing it as some scenes are priceless, but I was glad to not have paid $9 at the theater.
Tru Blood - Ok, this isn't a movie but a new series starting on HBO. The theme is that vampires have finally 'come out of the coffin' and joined the mainstream. The big star is Anna Paquin of X-Men, who plays Sookie - a virginal goodgirl psychic (she hears the thoughts of others). So even though she seems to have a 'normal' person role in the show, she doesn't. She saves a vampire from being drained and having his blood sold, and the show closer has her getting bloodied by the people she stopped. The previews for the next one show the vampire coming to her rescue and hint that he'll have to turn her into a vampire if she wants to live since her injuries are so severe. I think this will be a good series once it finds its footing, but I could do without the horribly fake southern accents. Really - I live in the south and I've been to Louisiana (where it's set) and holy cripes ... their accents had me cringing. So if you can get past the bad accents and have HBO, I'd recommend catching this one early in the season. If the first show is any indication, the series is going to be fast moving and it'd be easy to get lost.
And that's that.
1 comment:
Hey! I wanted to thank you for mentioning True Blood! Me and Josh are going to start watching it!
Post a Comment