I haven't really felt like updating lately. But it's not like a lot has gone on, so the few readers I have haven't missed much.
A lady in one of the jewelry stores commented that my ring has some prongs loose and that they need to be fixed. She offered to have me come back the next day and talk to their jeweler, but I seemed to remember that, since it's a Tacori ring, I have to have any and all work done at authorized Tacori sellers.
I took it to local place on Thursday and the gentleman had his jeweler take a closer look at it and there are several prongs that could be replaced, with 5 considered critical. Plus the main stone doesn't seem to be set correctly - they wondered if the place we purchased it at set the stone as opposed to Tacori itself. I have no idea, but I understood what he was saying. Where the picture on their site (see link above and click Side) shows the main prongs set lower, mine are set on the top of the diamond. I figured it's because mine isn't a full carat- he said it didn't matter.
It'd only cost about $100 (and he promised I'd have a practically new ring when they were done, with the main diamond set properly too), but I can't afford to have it fixed right now. I just need to be extra careful to not whack it on things.
I never heard back from that interview I went to several weeks ago. I figure since it's been about ... what ... at least a month, the job went to someone else. Which is understandable if someone else was more qualified for the position. But damn ... at least send a postcard saying thanks but no thanks.
I did apply to two more positions this morning. After fighting with my scanner and finally installing the right driver. Go me.
We did a bit of running around yesterday and upon arriving home, Patrick said "did she mow that section again?". Meaning our next door neighbor. We have a section of lawn between our driveway and hers and she's been known to mow the hill part (the part that's pretty steep and I tend to slip down), but this time she took it upon herself to mow the entire section. Which is a pretty decent sized piece of lawn.
I'm not sure if we should be feel insulted or chastised or what. She does a lot of yard work in her own yard and I can easily see her figure that she may as well mow that section while she was doing her own ... but it's up a hill and it's our frickin yard. Chances are more likely that she thought it too long (it did need to be mowed but it wasn't like it was even close to being scraggely or anything) and did it herself.
I say she could have really done us a favor and taken care of our back yard while she was at it.
2 comments:
Sometimes our neighbors mow parts of our yard too! At first I was embarrassed but now I figure if they are that anal about it being perfect then more power to them. They mow like twice a week! We are lucky to get it done once! So yeah they can kiss my but or do it themselves :)!
My neighbor has been known to mow the part of our lawn closest to her own. I think she's convinced that it's hers. That wouldn't bother me except for the fact that she scalps her yard. And in the Charleston sun and heat you can't cut your grass too short or it will just burn away.
That rings is just beautiful!!!!!!
Post a Comment