Thursday, September 11, 2008

I got nothin ...

Yep, it's one of those days where my contribution to society as a whole will be pretty tiny. Teeny tiny. Immeasurably small.

But that's ok.

When we ordered our new internet service, we were pretty much forced to get a phone line. Otherwise we'd have had to stick with a basic, icky internet connection. We both have cell phones and that's what we use, so there's never been a need for a home phone. So useless that I chose the most basic plan with the most basic long distance service (10 cents a minute, so no calling long distance!).

The phone is apparently connected because we received our first call this morning.

For a moment I stood there and stared at it, dumbfounded. Like I'd never seen a phone ring before or something. When I realized that, yes, our phone was ringing (the previous owners left their phone on the wall), I figured it would be an automated message confirming our service was connected.

It was a wrong number.

Our first phone call and it was a wrong number. There's a joke in there somewhere.

The stuff for our dsl should arrive today as well. When we get that installed and the computers back online, I'll take all of the equipment from our current service and return it. And get a receipt because I'm not taking chances that they'll 'forget' to document its return and charge us gazillions of dollars for it.

I was able to get us another discount on our direc.t.t.v., though. As long as we sign up for the dsl through an approved carrier, we can get a $10 credit on our tv bill each month. So our already discounted service of $44.99 will be down to $34.99 for a year starting the 2nd billing month. Score.

And once I get a final cable bill showing our internet service, I'll send a copy of it to our new provider who will then send us a check for $125. Double score.

Um ... what else ...

Oh ... we lost HBO. Sadness. They gave us a week's promotional thing and now it's done. But that's ok as well. Although I'm going to miss the new season of Little Britain. Well, it's not technically a new season but it is. Kind of.

Wonder if surfthechannel.com has HBO shows. I'll have to see.

And that's it. Not much contribution, but a lot of chatter.

No comments: