Tuesday, September 16, 2008

More animals ...

Thanks to hurricane Ike and a cold front from the north, the weather here has been wonderful. It's been cool to the point of kind of chilly, even though the temps reached the upper 70's.

All that cloud cover and breeze. It's been awesome. So awesome that I actually turned the a/c off and opened most of our windows.

I'm hoping this means autumn is finally moving in. It's my fave time of the year and I'll welcome it with open arms and a big grin.

I did the litter mix yesterday and Laverne is back to the boxes. She's still not eating the new food, though. She'll stick her face in the dish, sniff it, then walk away.

I believe I'll have to get their normal food again and give the rest of this bag to my brother. His cats have been eating it for a long while with no problem.

Biscuit has been doing some serious house messing the last several mornings. In the last 5 days, she's pooped in the kitchen 4 times and peed on my carpet 3. Always in the morning before we get up.

I believe I may have to start crating her at night. I'd pick up her food and water in the evening, but that wouldn't exactly be fair to the cats (since theirs would have to go up as well to keep Biscuit out of it). I may have to, though. I mean - if she isn't eating or drinking after 7pm, she isn't pooping and peeing at 7am.

But try to explain that to the cats, who will surely let me know of their displeasure at the lack of their own food and water. And loudly, at that.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Oh, the joy of owning multiple animals! We have two cats who seem to monitor their food intake quite nicely, thank you very much, and one GIANT FAT CAT. We love Penny (aka Penzilla) and she is sweet and cute. But the poor thing would eat until she exploded if we just left food around. So we ration it out and the other two look at us balefully when we whisk the bowls away. Sigh. I feel your pain.