Yesterday was nice.
Patrick got off work early and we did head up to Pigeon Forge. Marty suggested this place for dinner and neither of us have ever actually eaten there before (we've stopped in for their fried apple pies, but that was it), so we were all about it.
They don't serve dinner until 4pm and we had some time to kill, so we played a round of mini golf first. And even though I was the only one get a hole in 1, I still lost by 2 strokes. But that's ok. It was fun and it was a beautiful day out, so I'm not complaining.
Dinner was beyond good. They have traditional country style food and there's a ton of it. If you order dinner, they pretty much just keep bringing food to your table.
They start out with their apple fritters with apple butter, which are to die for. Then it's home made vegetable soup and a salad. Then your main course with 2 sides. If you ever go, I highly recommend their mashed potatoes. Really. I'm a total potato fiend and their mashed potatoes are some of the best I've ever had. Then, while you're eyeballing the food that's left on your plate because you can't possibly eat any more, you're asked which desert you want. Which, if you're like us, you took to go.
We had an entire bag full of take home food. And it's all included in the price of the dinner, which is a lot of food for the same $14 you'd pay for just an entree at most restaurants.
After that, we walked around the shops at the Tanger mall. We only went into a few stores (even at 50% off, I still can't afford a Coach purse hah), but it at least kept us from spending a serious amount of money. Although I did want to stop in at the jewelry stores. This one store has a completely wrong name. The name leads you to think of cheap product and cheap prices. But oh no ... I'm not kidding when I say they had some of the most beautiful, and most expensive, jewelry I've ever laid eyes on. Really. I, of course, found many things I wanted to take home.
Like this one. We couldn't see the price tag, so I didn't even bother asking the gentleman to take it out of the display. Especially after seeing their $10,000 2 carat diamond ring.
Maybe if we win the lottery. Ok, definitely if we win the lottery.
After that, we came home and relaxed. We eventually made some coffee, ate our desserts, and watched some tv.
Today I have a couple errands to run and we have to go pick up his bowling ball at the alley this evening. Their ball return ate it and scratched the shit out of the surface, so he had to take it in last week to have it worked on. Me, I'd have made the bowling alley pay for it. But that's only because I'm not as nice as Patrick is.
2 comments:
OMG, I love that restaurant! I wish they would build on in Knoxville because I hate going into Pigeon Forge! The traffic sucks so bad!
Sounds like you had a fabulous time! Although I think I gained weight just reading about your dinner! :)
I hear you about the Coach purse. Way too much money for something I regularly abuse with abandon!
And, speaking of bowling, my league has started up again. Sigh. Another year of sucktastic bowling from me!
Post a Comment