One year ago today, we lost my oldest nephew.
He was only 18. His girlfriend was pregnant.
The murderers are behind bars, 2 of them serving mandatory 15 & 16 year sentences. I don't know about the 3rd.
I went back and read some of my posts from that day and the days following. It's amazing how small things you seemed to have forgotten come rushing back.
Sometimes you just want them to stay away.
There was something the pastor's wife recited at Stephen's service. And it was so fitting. I wish I could remember exactly how it went or enough of it to look it up. Because even today it still calls out to me.
If you can spare a moment, please send a prayer to God, the universe, whomever you believe in, on behalf of my sister and the siblings he left behind.
No comments:
Post a Comment