Monday, September 15, 2008

Because I can ...

Just a couple more things ...

This litter makes a huge difference. We started using it in the upstairs boxes a couple months ago and thought we noticed a difference. Well, when I ran out of one a week or so back, I started using their regular stuff that I had leftover in the basement.

And let me tell you ... huge huge difference. We noticed it the first day. You can scoop and there's still a smell. With the other stuff, the stink is gone.

Plus Laverene, who grew up using the regular scoop stuff, refuses to use it. She has sinced joined Lucy in using the puppy pads.

I have a new container of the good stuff that I'll be mixing in with the other stuff. I'm hoping this puts her back in the boxes where she belongs.

I also switched their food (yes, it was a rough week for the cats hah) from normal purina cat chow to their indoor chow that's supposed to help decrease furballs.

Laverne refuses to eat it. Absolutely refuses. Instead, her favorite thing now is to follow me from room to room meowing at the top of her lungs because she knows I have canned food tucked away.

Biscuit, however, loves the new cat food and the change in litter has not affected her daily search for litter box crunchies.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I haven't tried that litter but I am now seriously considering it. Cat litter? Is the worst. Yuck. I am paranoid about that.

As far as cat food change-over...If you come up with the magic trick, please let me know. Gabby, my little black kitty, is obsessed with Iams Ocean Fish and Rice. But only in the circle shape. Unfortunately, all they make is the triangle shape now. So her supply is slowly dwindling and she refuses to eat anything else. I'm getting nervous for the day we hit the end of the last bag.