Patrick and I spent most of yesterday in Pigeon Forge.
It's crazy up there. Really. It's a huge tourist attraction with tons of things to do - from outlet malls to bumper boats to go-carts to smaller shops and tons of restaurants, and that's only 1/8 of what can be done there. And because it's a big draw, the traffic is mind numbing.
We had a decent time, even with the 40 minute bumper to bumper traffic jam leading into Gatlinburg, where there are even more shops, attractions, and restaurants (where we wanted to eat is in Gatlinburg, 4 miles on the other side of Pigeon Forge).
Later in the evening, we invited a few friends over and made a southern style dinner (cornbread, pinto beans, green beans w/potatoes, and meatloaf). I realize meatloaf isn't exactly a 'southern' dish, but the rest of it surely was. And it was all damned good, I might add hah
Today we're just enjoying being home and doing a bunch of not much. Which is nice for Patrick since the holiday is giving him a 3 day weekend.
1 comment:
I love Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, but you guys are bolder than I am to go there on Labor Day weekend. I'm glad you had so much fun!
Post a Comment