I noticed a spider in my mexican petunias. He's been there since yesterday and is a determined little thing.
Although he's not little. He's actually kind of big. And very pale.
So there's this spider, a big, hairless, pale spider, hanging out in the middle of a viloet petunia blossom. I don't think anyone's told him about camoflauge. But he's giving it his all, waiting for something that flies (and is colorblind) to land in it and on him. This morning he's even laying upside down, with his belly to the sun.
I keep going outside to check his progress. Believe it or not, I'm rooting for the spider.
If I had a good camera that worked, I'd love to get a picture. (Edit: I was able to take a good picture that shows him really well, but I can't find the adapter to download it. Grrrr. But I did find it online and you can see a picture here. Only the one on my flowers hasn't changed colors.)
I also discovered that I had my pajama bottoms on backwards.
It'd be one thing if I put them on in the dark, maybe after some lively naked time. But no. I put them on in a brightly lit room all by myself.
So I have no good excuse for not putting them on right.
It's already almost noon and I have no idea where the morning has gone. I have a few things to do today - like clean out Hoss's kennel since he was cooped up the last few days because of rain and mop the cat pan (I typed pat can at first) closet - but nothing major.
I'll be getting dressed in the same brightly lit room. Wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment