I've been a blogging fiend the last couple of days.
I completely forgot to mention that the regional manager from this store, the one I complained about the other day, called me.
Shocked, I was!
He wanted to see if I was willing to talk about what happened in the store and, possibly work something out about the table. I thanked the man for calling and said I'd be happy to talk to him about our experience, but that we'd already purchased a table set through another retailer.
He was apologetic and sounded sincere. He, too, was bothered that the manager just didn't seem to care and, even worse, walked away from us in the middle of the conversation.
So hopefully, at the very least, there will be some educating done. Like he pointed out - if the manufacturer requests they display certain items together, they have no choice in the matter. Having worked for a manufacturing company that sells their products retail, I know this happens. But the sales teams should be trained, up front, to make sure the customer's expectations are set right away. In other words - the sales associate we were working with should have been told which chairs were in the sale and then could have immediately pointed them out when we showed interest in the set.
Of course I'd still believe the chairs should have been with the set. And I did tell him that they need to give the manufacturers honest feedback about what can, and did, happen because of their decision.
So ... that's that on that front.
Oh - I did go to the web site for the store we purchased our set from and sent an e-mail about the great service I received from their sales associate. See? I don't just send hateful e-mails hah Having worked in customer service for years, I know how important it is to send a 'good job' e-mail when you get good service.
Right now I'm just waiting for a friend of Marty's to call me about signing up for di.rec.t.t.v. He works for a local electronics store and will get commission off the sale, which I believe he passes part of to Marty.
Plus he could get it installed within a day or two instead of the normal 1 - 2 weeks when you call the company itself. (Edit at 9:42 a.m. - the man will be here by 11!)
Speaking of (see? I'm full of it today hah) ... when I called our current company about disconnecting the service, the man didn't even ask why I was inquiring about cancelling. Not once. There were no attempts to keep us from cancelling.
Which is ok as I was dreading that part of the conversation. But yeesh ... if he worked for me and didn't even make an attempt? Yeah ... that'd be a seriously failing score.
1 comment:
Hee-what's worse? The pitch to keep you as a customer or no pitch at all? Bizarre! (We have dir.ect.tv and we love it. Hope you do, too!)
As for the manager from the furniture store calling, YAY! I am surprised and impressed he did so. Hopefully the sales guy will get an earful.
Post a Comment