Saturday, September 27, 2008

Score!

I was outside drinking my coffee this morning when I looked over our side fence (it's a privacy fence, but our deck is high enough for me to see over it if I stand right next to the fence) and noticed one of our neighbors was preparing for a garage sale.

Now, this neighbor has a really nice house. With a really nice 30ft long camper in the driveway. And the house itself is for sale, so I was all ... ooohhhh ... my eyes instantly lit up at the thought of how much really nice stuff they may be selling.

Plus I saw their riding lawnmower parked right in front of the camper. Double ooohhhhh.

Turns out that they're downsizing.

We now have their riding lawnmower (it's an older model, but one of those brands that just won't die), a pressure washer, some sort of chord that plugs in, bolt cutters, a seriously good screw driver set with more attachments than you can imagine, and a rake. We would have had their weedeater, but a friend who had come over to help 'reminded' the wife that she wanted the weedeater for some family member of hers.

I say 'reminded' because we both believe she didn't tell the wife at all (the wife didn't remember that conversation) but that she wanted it and suddenly 'remembered' that conversation.

I was hoping for some super cheap furniture, but the only furniture type things they were selling were the coffee table with matching end table and a corner computer desk. None of which we need.

But I'm all excited about the riding lawnmower and Patrick is full of glee over the powerwasher.

I just have to promise not to do the one big hill with it and Patrick's promised not to try and wash the dog with the powerwasher.

Which I think is a fair trade.

No comments: