Just some general thoughts over the last few days ...
Our house is thoroughly back to its pre-Smokie days. Lucy's back to perching at the very top of the cat climber thingy and defending her spot against all intruders (Laverne and Daniel). We can once again leave dinner on the counter while eating without worry that a cat is going to drag something down. Which must be a disappointment to Biscuit - she would steal whatever Smokie stole. Lucy being back on her perch was what really brought it home to me, though.
Laverene and Lucy are both about 14 yrs old now. Both have lost some teeth, but they're still overall healthy and active. Laverne, though, started vomiting after eating. Which had me worried. Then she hunched over to poop on the floor. In the middle of this room. Not 5 feet from the cat boxes. Which really turned the worry factor up a notch. She's not a floor pottier. She's always been a religious user of the boxes. And I know any significant change in behavior, such as suddenly no longer using the cat box, is a sign that something's wrong. I did recently change their litter and I know some cats are particular about the grains and their paws. So I decided to give it another day or two before taking her to the vet. She has since stopped vomiting and hasn't tried to use the floor again. Whew!
I have a habit of washing my hands after I brush my teeth. I always do, even if I had just washed them minutes earlier. I thought about it last night ... while washing my hands after brushing my teeth.
I don't like Jessica Simpson as a country singer any more than I did when she was a pop singer.
In my quest to lower our cable / internet bills, we have just signed up for plans that will increase them instead. Damned internet providers.
I know who I'm voting for and I will vote. But I'm doing it reluctantly. I'm not thrilled with any of the current candidates.
The new expansion pack for Sims2 is out and I want it. I can't afford it right now, but I will have it. Not that I've been playing all that much, but still. How can I deny my Sims the latest fun stuff?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment