The powerwasher I mentioned? Yeah ... it won't turn on. It'll run water through, but the motor doesn't turn on so there's no power in that washing. It's kind of like a glorified hose.
The guy from the garage sale wants to use the lawnmower either Monday or Tuesday and said he'll let me know either day. When he does, I'm going to go the round-a-bout way of letting him know the powerwasher doesn't work. I think I'll just ask him if there's a "trick" to getting it to turn on since the buttons seem to be stuck.
This way I'll be able to let him know he sold us a powerwasher that's as effective as a doorstop without actually saying it.
I'm hoping he'll take the cue and let us give it back to him and get our money back. We shall see.
We dug up the pussy willow tree that was by the deck and took it to Marty and Alan's place. Neither of us have ever really liked the tree and those two are some gardening masters, so they happily took it. I have no doubt it'll thrive under their tutelage.
It's odd, though, how much moving that small tree has opened up the deck area. Granted, it was practically on top of the deck, but still ... it's not a large tree. But the space it left seems to open up that section of the back yard. Probably because there's nothing blocking our view now.
I think I'm ovulating. Well, I pretty much know I am. You don't go through several years of induced ovulation and forget what that feels like. And it would be on schedule - this is right about the middle of my cycle.
It's not the first time I've ovulated on my own. I seem to do it with fair regularity. The eggs just aren't mature (believe me - ultrasound after ultrasound has proven this). So I don't know why they insist on doing anything on time. It'd be like a toddler showing up to a kegger, glass in hand, only to be refused admittance.
Plus there's that whole I don't produce progesterone thing.
So even if the egg were mature, we were to go at it like bunny rabbits, and one of Patrick's low morpholoy afflicted swimmers were to actually make it to the egg and chisel its way in, my body still wouldn't be able to do anything with it.
Kind of like that toddler actually being 21 and allowed into the party, but holding its mug upside down.
1 comment:
Boo, hiss for the bum powerwasher. I will sell broken/damaged items at a garage sale, but only with a TAG that states its current condition. Sheesh. I hope you're able to get your money back! (Or that there really is a trick to make it work.)
From an earlier post about shampoo-I cannot rave about the solid shampoo bars from Lu.sh enough. I know it seems weird (it did to me, too, until I tried it!) but it is the best thing since sliced bread. They have lots of different kinds for different hair needs (just check the blurbs on the website) and, although it may seem a bit pricey ($8-9.00 a pop), the stuff lasts for MONTHS. My hair has never looked better and I am spending less on shampoo than I ever have.
Post a Comment