Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Go us ...

So today is my 3rd wedding anniversary. Go us.

We had tossed around the idea of spending the night up in Pigeon Forge, but I think we're going to settle for going out to dinner instead. He has to work tomorrow, so an overnight thing wouldn't really be possible.

Plus it's cheaper to just go out to dinner as opposed to a hotel AND dinner. Especially dinner in Pigeon Forge, where everything is more expensive to begin with (go go gadget bleed-tourists-penniless).

I've been reconnecting with a number of people I went to high school with through this web site started by someone in my home town. It's been interesting and fun, but I'm really super surprised at how many people I just don't remember. I've had several know me, remember classes together and things that went on, and I'm left with a big blank. The only thing I know to say is that I really only paid close attention to my closest friends. Most of the ones on the fringe, the ones I didn't hang out with after school, were just that ... on the fringe.

So I've felt like an ass several times. Really. The names sound familiar, but that's where it's ended for most. Leaving me feeling like a big turd when they say "I can't believe you don't remember me!"

Woops.

My dad has a box of my things that he's had for ... man ... 18 or 19 yrs now? This one box of stuff that I had left at his house that my step-mom won't let him toss out (she's rescued it from the curb with the garbage more than once) and they just transported it from attic to attic when they moved. I'm going to need to go through that box. I know my senior yearbook was pilfered by a girl I went to college with, so that's lost forever. But the others may be in there. And if they are, I'll be able to (hopefully) dredge up some memories of some of these people.

All in all, though, it's been fun 're-meeting' some people. And it's interesting to hear about the different paths their lives took.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Happy anniversary! :) I hope you find a delightful place to celebrate this evening!!

And I find it odd that a college roommate took your HS yearbook. That's kind of creepy. Was she a wackadoo, or did she have a semi-normal reason for doing that?

Anonymous said...

YEAY pigeon Forge! I went to two different medical conferences there with my dad when I was a young girl and he took me to the "Fly Away" indoor skydiving.
Greatest memories Ever! Wow, IF is a small world.