Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Done and done ...

I voted.

The lines weren't bad at all. The polling place for me is about 5 minutes from my house - so with the drive there, waiting in line to verify my eligibility, waiting in line to vote, voting, and the drive back, I was home in about 35 - 40 minutes.

So ... that's done. And I'm glad. I'm so beyond sick of this election season.

There was a possible job on the front that I haven't mentioned for fear of jinxing myself. That and because I'm pretty much over talking about a possible job only to never hear anything back.

This is the crux ...

It was a csr job that needed 20+ associates. The agent said it's temporary, just 2 months. But me and a couple of friends figured that wasn't quite right - some companies will use an agency to hire a lot of people, put them through training, then keep the ones they want. And we were able to figure out which company it was through the little bit of information she had given me.

And while it was a csr job, the company pays really well and even has adoption benefits.

So when I didn't hear from the agent for a few days, I e-mailed her. She called me this morning to say she actually has another position she think I'd fit into - it's a receptionist position for a company opening a local branch.

I hemmed and hawed - it's hard to pass up a company that you know offers adoption benefits. But I didn't want to say outright that I figured out which company it was and the reason I wanted to go there.

She, however, made up my mind for me. Apparently that company does this every year - they use this agency to bring in a number of people to cover a busy time and then let them all go. So it truly is a temporary job.

Whereas the receptionist position will go permanent and she believes it will pay a little bit more.

So ... even though I don't have the level of admin experience they're looking for, she's going to try and get them to take me anyway. I think she may rearrange my resume to make it more along the lines of what they're looking for.

Outside of them wanting the person to start this coming Monday, that's all the information I have.

I should hear something from her sometime today, but I'm not couting my chickens. I've already counted too many chickens that ended up not hatching.

And now I'm off to compulsively watch polling results.

3 comments:

Ms. J said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you . . . and lots of positive thoughts!

Alyssa said...

I've got my fingers crossed for you and this new job prospect. Seriously, how could they not pick you? You're awesome and would be fun to work with!

I'm watching results right along with you. Should be interesting, no?

Amanda said...

I'm glad you had a positive voting experience!

I'm crossing fingers and toes for you and this job!