Tuesday, November 11, 2008

No more nightcaps ...

The agency called yesterday afternoon with information on another possible job for me. The company needs 3 people - she was going to tweak my resume a bit and send it over.

Although I didn't admit it, I recognized which company she was talking about while she was reading the description (they don't like to share the company name so don't try to go around them for the job). It's a good company. I know a few people who have gone there in the last several months and they're all very happy.

And it's not customer service. Yay.

So that's 2 possible jobs this week. I haven't heard from the HR manager for the other one yet, but at least my resume is on the plate of consideration.

Bill paying aside, a job would mean insurance. And that would mean we could move forward again with our adoption plans.

Edit 9:54am

I have a 4:30 interview for the job through the agency! Right now it's considered a contract position through February, but I'm not caring. I know this company and I'm seriously hoping they love me.

*****

I've been having the strangest dreams lately.

First there was the one where I was able to watch someone's baby online - like on a webcam - and then just reach into the monitor and take it. Lovely, eh? But I was just babysitting. Like keeping it for a few hours and then putting it back. I did that with 2 babies. I don't think the mother of either of them realized what I was doing because I remember thinking I had to have the boy back soon or the mother would think it was kidnapped.

Then there was a zombie one. Only I wasn't afraid of the zombies. They were just ... there. And someone commented that so & so was gotten by the zombies and we have to be careful. But it wasn't a run away from them screaming sort of dream for me personally, although the others in my dream were freaking out. I was oddly calm and not afraid.

I dreamt of a frog one night. This teeny, tiny, colorful frog on a sidewalk. It was dark out and the sidewalk was dirty and I remember it being set in some major city. It was a busy sidewalk and I was with a friend, heading somewhere I don't remember, when I spotted it. I don't know that it was dodging feet, but I seemed to assume it was about to be squashed. I kept trying to gently snag it (it was teeny) while staying out of the way of the other people walking about. I never did catch it before waking up.

This morning's was just absolutely horrible. A joke Patrick said / did was taken wrong by this gang he hung out with (he really doesn't hang out with gangs) and they were, unbeknownst to him, going to kill him later that night. Even though they said the joke was ok and no one was offended. Something to do with swinging his butt around. I knew, but he didn't. And there wasn't anything I could do to prevent it. I was supposed to just go home and wait and hope the few guys I talked to would change their minds. Why calling the police or playing stupid and insisting he went home with me never entered my mind, I don't know. But it didn't. Instead, it seemed better that I pretend everything was ok so he wouldn't know and wouldn't be scared. I woke up, though, just as a friend of ours was challenging me (in one of those - you're just going home?!? - sort of ways) to do something. I'm looking forward to the feelings of that dream dissipating.

All of my dreams have been like those lately - just strange. Even the ones I barely remember leave me with a "huh?" sort of feeling the next morning.

Crazy brain.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Two possibilities on the horizion...hooray!!!

Those are some freaky dreams. At least you weren't scared of the zombies, though.

Ms. J said...

Sounds like some good things are stirring for you!