Thursday, November 13, 2008

All agog ...

Thank you for the congrats, ladies!

I'm still so super excited.

So excited that it's tempting to stop random people and say "Hi. My name is Angela and I have a job!".

The woman from the agency called yesterday afternoon right as I walked back into my door after taking the drug test and said they forgot to get a copy of my driver's license and ss card. She suggested that I bring it by this morning and then we'll go to lunch.

I'm not sure if that's SOP or not and I'm not sure if that invitation means she's buying, but I don't care. It'll be grown up conversation with a business type person and I've missed having that.

Patrick took me out to dinner last night to celebrate my jobification and, on our way in, I told him how I had these lists of what I will and won't miss when the job starts.

He surmised that the fact that I had lists at all showed I had way too much time on my hands. But I assured him they weren't actually written down - just kept in my head.

I'm sure I've mentioned them in previous whiney posts, but here they are again ...

I won't miss having cats and a dog be my main source of daily conversation. I won't miss doing 99.9999% of the cooking and cleaning. I won't miss spending my days chasing various animals away from items they shouldn't have or things they shouldn't be digging at. And I won't miss the highlight of my day being a really good guest on Oprah.

I will miss being able to take care of business during normal business hours. And I will miss being able to take a nap if I want to. But that's really about it.

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to the changes this will bring far more than I'm mourning the loss of being able to lounge around in my pajamas until 2pm if I want. Say what you want, but that does get old after the first few weeks.

Although I was laying on the couch when the lists of yays went through my head.

3 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

i'm late bute YEAH for finding a job!

Alyssa said...

Yes, you'll miss a few things (the napping, the running errands during the day), but the positives will outweigh those things. It will probably be a lot like when I return to school in the fall after summer vacation. Do I miss vacation? Yup. Am I glad to be back at work with human beings? Definitely. Yay for you! :)

Anonymous said...

you too??? i thought i was the only one having daily conversations with my dog Peaches.