Friday, November 28, 2008

Really ...

It wasn't that bad.

At first, it was. But later, it wasn't.

And thank you for listening. You ladies are a continual source of support and love and I can never thank you enough for not telling me to shut the hell up and get over myself.

I just hate the holidays. And my reaction always seems to take me by surprise.

I need to stop thinking the "we should"s. I know it'll be our turn one day, I know we'll be celebrating milestones and holidays with our own child.

It's just hard to overcome the thought that we should already be doing so.

But the day wasn't bad. Honest.

I got over my pity party and hung around the house. Our friends Marty and Alan came over around 6pm and we trekked to my mom's place, where there was a lot of food and laughter (and absolutely no baby talk), and even a puppy.

We couldn't stay too long as both Marty and I had to work today.

Ok - I didn't have to work. Being a temp employee, though, I don't get paid for any days I don't work and, since the option to work was there, I went in.

Although I ended up only staying for 2 hours. One of the online training courses I was to take is open to employees only, so that shot most of my day. I could have done some reports, but there were only 3 regular employees working and they have their own quotas to meet. They surely didn't need me popping up every few minutes to ask a question.

On a plus side - I did get an e-mail to go ahead and attend the new hire orientation on Monday. So I consider that a bonus.

I called the employment agency on my way home to see how the delivery of the paycheck will work next week. She reported that she received an e-mail from my supervisor on Wed, saying that I'm working out very well and that she's super excited that I'm already processing reports on my own.

So yay me!

And next week I'm going to try to work as much as possible since there's unlimited overtime available. So you probably won't hear from me much and I may not be reading as often. But I promise to catch up on anything I miss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it didn't turn out TOO bad sure it was tough. But who doesn't smile seeing a puppy?!?!?

Have fun with the overtime--don't work too hard!