Sunday, November 2, 2008

Movie suckage ...

We didn't get many trick-or-treaters. This was our first Halloween here and the previous owners said they didn't get many, but still ... we bought a ton of friggin candy just in case.

It was the good stuff, too. Hershey all the way. And since we didn't get many, I was doling out entire handfuls of mini-goodness to each kid that came by.

So maybe word will spread that not only do we give out good candy, but we give out a lot of it. Maybe next year we'll have a better turnout.

(Yes, I know trunk or treats are all the rage right now. Don't get me started - I could write paragraphs about the ruining of Halloween lead by a pack of well meaning paranoids.)

And what was up with the serious lack of scary movies?!? Since when do Resident Evil, the new House of Wax, and The House on Haunted Hill qualify as scary movies?

Where was Halloween (only the best scary movie ever!) and Amityville Horror (the original, of course)? Not even a hint of Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Motel Hell, both of which are decent in a moment of desperation.

Patrick, Marc, and I were all settled in, ready for a lights out scary movie fest and all we were handed were the above 3 mentioned lame movies and a couple of those live "ghost hunter" crap shows.

I was seriously disappointed. Next year I'm not leaving the choices up to the cable channels - I'll be renting a buttload of movies on my own, thank you very much.


In other news ...

We went to dinner and then bowling with a couple of friends and their kids last night and had a grand time. I even bowled my best game ever - 134!

So even though Halloween was a total let-down, Biscuit looked adorable and the rest of the weekend was a most awesome one.

1 comment:

AwkwardMoments said...

does that mean you have goood candy to eat ..