And we're done! We are now official home owners! yay!
There was some drama early on, as the lender was scrambling to buy the interest rate back down to where she had quoted us. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but some small change at the underwriter's caused the interest rate to go up.
From what we can tell, the lender lady cut her pay quite a bit to make it happen.
Then it was discovered that the sellers could actually pay the amount of the closing costs we'd originally agreed upon, not just the 3% the lender changed it to at the end of last week. So that caused yet another delay. (Which means the heiffer flat out lied to me when she said it was a scheduling conflict that was making it necessary to change our morning closing time to the afternoon.)
So when we got there at 1:45 for our 2pm closing, the title company still hadn't gotten the documents and had apparently spent a good chunk of the day making and receiving phone calls.
But all ended well and everyone ended up very satisfied with what they got.
And ... and ... the sellers will be out on Sunday. The Mrs would like to go back Monday morning and make sure it's all vacuumed and stuff, but I honestly don't care. The place was spotless yesterday morning and they have very little stuff left to move. I don't see them suddenly trashing the place.
But ... I'll pick up the keys on Monday and we can start moving stuff! I think I may spend a good part of the weekend going through the boxes we have stored in my dad's garage to make sure it's still somewhat organized.
Now to get cable and internet set up!
6 comments:
Congratulations on the new house! I'm so excited for you.
Congrats on the new house! We just bought our first house last spring, and I hear ya on the last minute nervousness! I was like "get me in the the house NOW. do not pass Go, do don't collect $200." :) Good luck with the move!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
I am so happy for you - this is such an exciting time and I hope that all goes well with the move itself!
Awesome! Congratulations to you and your new home!! May it be the house you've always dreamed of and may you enjoy every moment of making it your own!
This is SO EXCITING!!!
What a huge week! I can't wait fr you guys to have some privacy and do whatever you want without anyone else making comments!! How fabulous! If I lived there I would invite myself over with a bottle of wine in hand to help you celebrate. (And a good one too, not one of my Saturday-night-special $10 bottles.)
Awesome job Polka Dot - way to purchase shelter and kick ass!
Congratulations!!!!! Yayyyy!!!!!
Post a Comment