Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Some things ...

Lessons learned:

Biscuit doesn't know that not all cats have claws. And if smacked in the head by one without any, she will still roll her face around on the floor.

Cats raised with dogs don't give a new, different dog a second glance. Mackie, the old man, spends as much time as possible rubbing against Biscuit, causing her to look terrified. The other cats think of her as just another piece of furniture.

Except when being chased. Biscuit's new fave past-time is cat chasing. Unless the cat makes it to the kitchen. Then all chasing stops as Biscuit's nervous on linoleum.

Getting frisky with the dog in the bedroom causes interruptions at the worst of times. Really.

Hot dogs and mac & cheese made in your own kitchen is the best you'll ever eat.

Sudden privacy can actually be a bit intimidating and scary.

Lamps are not overrated.

4 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

Hahah the dog/cat claws thing .. i can just picture this. Sometimes privacy is very quiet

Missy said...

I think our dog doesn't understand that the cats are not dogs. She tries to play too roughly with them and then she is surprised when they swipe at her with their claws. That doesn't stop her though. Silly girl.

Alyssa said...

Hee-my kitty Pewter (who has sadly passed from this world) loved to smack any and every dog within reach with his claws of danger. He was so tiny and yet had such a fierce little spirit. Silly kitties-gotta love 'em!

A'Dell said...

Looks like the move went really well - and you've even got a DIY Home Improvement project under your belt! Ha!

I hope you're enjoying your (private!) time in your new home. I love home, it's my total happy place. Most nights, I would much rather be here than anywhere else. I hope you love yours just as much. :)