Friday, November 23, 2007

Shopping? What shopping?

There were plenty of sales today. Just nothing that we particularly wanted.

Ok no - there was one thing. K-Mart had a 5 piece kitchen table & chairs set for dirt cheap that I wanted to go see (we don't have a kitchen table). The price, the sale price that is, matched the quality.

Ew.

But we did find a Epson combo printer / copier / scanner for $24.99 at BestBuy. We weren't looking for one. It was just there and at a damned good price.

The stores weren't anywhere nearly as busy as we'd expected. We left the house just after 8 a.m., expecting hordes of people. Instead, we found light traffic and not so jammed aisles.

I'm still tossing the whole baby thing around. I'm not sure what we're going to do. I do know that I'm ok with the decision to use my bonus money to help make our house more of a home, though.

It's not that I suddenly don't want a baby. I'm sure y'all know better than that. It's just such a crazy ride and, while the 2ww is exciting in so many ways, I do enjoy not having to go through it and all that the treatments entail.

I dunno. I really did think I'd never be able to get pregnant. And getting pregnant, the blessing that it was, threw that out the window. But I know the chances of it happening a 2nd time without IVF are slim. Especially since we only have the 1 inj/iui chance left and it took 4 tries and a hysteroscopy the last time.

So ... no ... I don't know what we're going to do. But it's in the back of my mind, smoldering. It'll come to me when the time is right.

3 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

I could not talk myself into going shopping today at all. Glad you got a deal at best buy. I am also glad to read that you are not really stressing over the baby thing right now. Good for you - it's nice to have a mental vacation from all of "that"

A'Dell said...

I'm an online shopper to the extreme I am so impressed that you ventured out. I just don't have the heart!

Missy said...

I am one of those strange people that actually like going out the Friday after. I just don't go at like 6 in the morning. I usually wait until 8'ish like you did.