Thursday, November 29, 2007

I'm still here ...

To say I haven't been busy would be to say I'm a size 2.

It just isn't true.

Work has been crazy. I have new hires hitting the floor, QRs to do and review, meetings to attend, and the last bit of work on the projects I was assigned (due tomorrow!). And more new hires starting on Tuesday. Plus all the usual admin stuff that goes along with all of that.

So I've brought my laptop home each night this week and worked. I'm on it now, as a matter of fact!

But on to other stuff ...

I still haven't gotten my period. Remember the one I said I knew was on the way because I had my usual signs? Yeah well ... no. The signs poofed and it hasn't shown up yet. But I know it's lurking there. The signs come and go and now I have pressure. Pressure usually means it's imminent.

Which would be a big fat "about damned time!" since it's almost a full 2 months past due.

I've felt twinges here and there - the sharp pinch near my ovaries. But no blood.

No, I'm not pregnant. I remember what it felt like to be pregnant - always exhausted and always hungry, with sore boobs and pants that didn't fit. I'm not that. I'm just late.

I'm blaming the stress of moving and my work load.

Saturday is my nephew's birthday. The one that was murdered a couple months ago. 19. I can't stand it.

2 comments:

A'Dell said...

Seriously PD - you KNOW that you can't tell me that you're "just late" and "not pregnant" without throwing in a sentence about POAS - just to make *totally sure.*

I am going to have to request that you POAS immediately. :)

You'll get through Saturday. You've already shown me how emotionally strong and brave you are. It's a tough chapter in life, but you can tackle it.

AwkwardMoments said...

Wishing you comfort on Saturday!