Sunday, November 11, 2007

I need more than 24 hours in a day ...

I keep thinking about time.

I have this weird thing about time. As in - I have a constant need to know what time it is and I always feel like there isn't enough of it because I always have somewhere to go or something to do.

It's always - what time is it, where do I need to be by such & such time, how much time do I have until then .... ? Those sorts of thoughts are forever rattling around in my brain.

Here's an example -

Right now it's just barely after 1pm. I know I need to leave soon, but I want to make sure the 2 dogs are fed their dinner before I go. If I feed them too early, they'll be pretty damned hungry before my dad feeds them in the morning (I'm going to leave some food for them so I don't have to trek here before work tomorrow).

But it'll be dark just after 5pm and Patrick (who's at home, building Hoss's new dog house) and I still need to go to WalMart and do some food-stuff shopping.

It'll take me about 40 minutes to get from here to home. So when to feed the dogs and leave so they won't be all starving in the moring and I won't get home too close to dark?

And those thoughts didn't just occur to me. I've been thinking along those lines since I got here a couple hours ago.

If that's not enough, I'm already trying to figure out how long it'll take me to get home the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, feed the animals, and then come back to Lenoir City for an early Thanksgiving dinner with my mom and that side of my family. And that's more than a week away!

This has to be part of some kind of disorder, no?

As a side note - I have been reading everyone while I'm here. I haven't commented because my dad's computer sucks ass and half the time the page won't even load. When I leave comments for people, I'm usually at work and on a computer and connection that doesn't hate the internet. So please don't think I've just come here, blogged, and jetted. We'll have cable inernet at home as of tomorrow, so I'll be back to commenting after then. Until that time, though, just know that I'm here and I'm reading.

No comments: